For additional information contact: Commons Project Office
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 16, 2014
PROJECT NAME: Commons Repair and Upgrade Project
PROJECT LOCATION: Aurora and E State Street Intersection
PROJECT START DATE: May 19, 2014
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND GOAL:
Connecting the new telecom service to the telecom manhole in intersection of Aurora and State Street.
DAY ONE: Excavation to manhole, assemble duct bank and connect to manhole, form concrete and let cure overnight. 7AM – 6PM
DAY TWO: Backfill and temp asphalt. 7AM-3PM
• Vehicles travelling northbound travel on S. Aurora St. will be diverted to E. State St.
• Vehicles travelling westbound on E. State St. will be routed south to S. Aurora St. or north to N. Aurora St.
• TCAT buses will be able to stop at bus station on S. Aurora St, per normal, although some delays may occur due to congestion.
• Parking will be suspended on 300 block of East State St. for the duration of the work.
• Flaggers will be located east and south of intersection at Aurora & State St. Street.
• Expect delays due to congestion.
• Travel lanes will be open during non-work hours.
Detours will not be posted.
SCHEDULED COMPLETION DATE: May 20, 2014