Happy Spring! The ground is thawing out and the snow is steadily melting from the Commons which means the paving program will get started on schedule.
We had a great first week of the construction season. The Benchwarmers vault was demolished and backfilled.
A storm roof leader was installed for 202 E State St. The footers for the gateway structure were dug and the bottom half of the reinforced concrete footer was poured. A water service that froze over the cold winter was insulated.And the granite bench blocks for future seating are being installed around the planter areas on the 200 block between Trolley Circle and Aurora St.
The contractor is replacing a few broken trench drains that got damaged during snow removal this winter.
Adjacent to the Commons Project, but working on State Street, Halco is connecting a new sanitary lateral into the building of 215 E State St, under the arcade of the Rothchilds Building.
Also occurring, during the week of 3/23:
- Installation of the granite bench blocks will continue on the 200 block.
- The chain link fence will be re-installed in front of Center Ithaca. The fence will be remain until the pavers are installed Trolley Circle. This work will be complete by June.
- A storm roof leader will be installed for two properties on the 100 block.
- The electrical contractor will run electrical conduit for the gateway structure near Cayuga Street.
- A helical pile will be installed for the southern Cayuga Street gateway footer and concrete foundations will be completed. The gateways at Cayuga and Aurora Street are expected to be installed in early May.